“WAGiLabs… where kids (ages 8-11) and their ideas grow to change the world!”
To provide funding, resources, mentorship, and a collaborative community for kids around the world to develop and implement their socially innovative ideas.
WAGiLabs is committed to funding 8000 kids’ ideas at $250 per idea in a global “Ideas for Humanity” Challenge. Then we will help create the community to bring the kids’ ideas into action.
An INNOVATION is a new idea that helps overcome a challenge. Social innovation helps overcome a challenge that affects people, e.g., by reducing costs, helping people in need, or improving community life.
Put simply: social innovation is making a change in the world for good. It’s doing better, together.
A social KIDpreneur is any kid who uses Curiosity, Connection, and Courage to come up with great ideas to solve challenges in his or her community or in the world.
- Discovering your passions (what you love)
- “Walking in the shoes of others” (practicing empathy)
- Being a detective (exploring your neighborhood, community, the world)
- Uncovering needs and problems
- Teaming up with other kids
- Comparing and choosing team goals (needs and problems to solve)
- Brainstorming solutions
- Striving for innovation (thinking out of box)
- Sharing ideas with those in need and those who can help
- Responding to feedback, revising ideas
- Building prototypes: cooperating, assigning and sharing roles
- Planning a presentation to pitch ideas
- Pitching ideas at Guppy Tank
- Turning ideas into actions that will do good
- Not giving up when there are problems or obstacles (developing resiliency)
- Selling ideas to get support from others and investment
- Establishing a network of kidpreneurs
- Playing it forward
Anything is Pawsible…
To some adults, the idea that kids can think like scientists and design like entrepreneurs seems absurd. They feel that kids are impulsive, unpredictable, and live only for the moment. As experienced educators and entrepreneurs we believe differently.
We BELIEVE that when you are a kid you naturally have curiosity, empathy, and endless ideas. When cultivated instead of squelched, these skills will help you grow and become an adult with a mindset of possibilities and collaboration.
We BELIEVE that inventing is contagious and the bug to become a future social entrepreneur is “caught not taught” when kids are young, especially at the ages of 8-11.
We BELIEVE today’s globalization means more competition. What’s more, a competitive culture means that we need more ideas, better ideas, and the skill to collaborate on ideas.
We BELIEVE that the jobs that are disappearing today will be re-created or reinvented possibly by kids tomorrow.
We BELIEVE in leaving WAGi footprints that will become a pathway to invention for kids around the world to follow.
What is WAGiLabs?
The WAGi Way…
Wagi, our tireless mascot, inspires us to follow the “Wagi Ways” every day. He captains each mission, and reminds us to dream big, do good, share ideas, and keep going until we reach our goals.
Wagi comes from a long line of creative canines with a mission to do good things. His ancestor, Barko Polo, was Marco Polo’s constant companion, sniffing out the safest path along the Silk Road. A distant cousin, Flea-onardo had long, flapping ears that inspired Leonardo da Vinci’s very first sketch of a helicopter. And let’s not forget the feline-chasing, tree shaking I-Sic Newton. When she chased the neighbor’s cat up a tree, an apple tumbled to the ground, and her pal Isaac Newton discovered gravity!